Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Awkward Socks

Paper Moon outfit: high-waisted black Gap jeans, Free People lace-trimmed socks, Ecote Spotted Pony Hair Platform Mules from Urban Outfitters

Lately I've been enjoying wearing a lot of socks that probably make me look like a crazy person. I can't help it. I love cozy, lacy socks, and, the more I wear them, the more I love them. In fact, I think it's their essential awkwardness that makes me love them so much. 

I'm often drawn to things that are classic but a bit off: dresses with over-the-top proportions, shoes that look at little like hooves, baby bangs. I think there's something in their intentional messiness that feels so fresh and punk and authentic. 

Ginger and Clover Outfit: Modcloth cream lace "Grace Yourself Dress", Free People lace "Daisy Lane Ankle Socks", Free People open leather Jeffrey Campbell "Cast and Crew Ankle Boots"
Wearing @madewell1937 jeans, @freepeople socks, and @urbanoutfitters shoes - #whereistand #style #fashion #shoes
Paper Moon outfit: high-waisted black Gap jeans, Free People lace-trimmed socks, Ecote Spotted Pony Hair Platform Mules from Urban Outfitters

0 comments:

Post a Comment