Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, November 25, 2013

Our Wedding Invitations

My Wedding Invitations - Personalized silhouette cameo with evergreen wreath and antlers

We sent our invitations a few weeks ago, and boy does that make this whole wedding thing feel real! Of everything I've done so far to prep for the wedding, this moment feels the biggest.

The design of the invitation suite was very important to me. After all, the invite is the first introduction to your wedding style that guests see. It's also the only thing a lot of people will file away in their keepsakes.

I wanted the design to feel really personal, and I think the custom cameo does that well. Kristen of Five Dot Design created the suite after an extensive conversation about what I had in mind and a few revisions based on my very specific (and sometimes nitpicky notes). She did an incredible job, and I would recommend her to anyone. I'm really excited to see what she does with the rest of our stationery (programs, menus, and place cards).

My Wedding Invitations - Personalized silhouette cameo with evergreen wreath and antlers

Kristen thought it was really romantic that we were getting married on our fifth anniversary, and she had the idea to incorporate the number five into the design in subtle ways. Each antler has five points, and the silver thread is wrapped around each suite five times. I love that little detail. Most people won't notice it, but it imbues the whole thing with a kind of magic that feels auspicious and special.

My Wedding Invitations - Personalized silhouette cameo with evergreen wreath and antlers

I looked at a few styles of love stamps and wedding stamps, but I ended up buying a bunch of 20th-cenury poet stamps instead. They're just so much cooler! I bought about four times as many as I needed for the invitations so that I can have a little happy moment every time I pay a bill in the foreseeable future. 

signature color

0 comments:

Post a Comment