Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Home Tour: the bathroom

My Home Tour: the bathroom
Each day this week I'm posting another room as part of a full home tour. See the others herehereherehere & here

For me a home tour would not be complete without a peek into the bathroom. I read recently that women are, in general, more likely to care about bathrooms and find sanctuary there, while men are more interested in basements. That certainly rings true for me. I don't care if I never see another basement again in my life, but I have daydreams about hanging an opulent chandelier over my bathtub.

The bathroom in our apartment came with a few challenges (fake tile that looks cheap and is really hard to clean, a linoleum floor) and one big delight: a giant bathtub. Over time, I've made small changes to help turn the space more and more into a tranquil sanctuary.

What began as a simple color story (green curtains married to a lavender floor by a bath mat with hints of each) has evolved into a sea-monster theme. I like that it's a fun twist on the oceanic theme often seen in bathrooms. 

But, instead of seashells, tentacles. 

bathroom
My Home Tour: the bathroom
My Home Tour: the bathroom
My Home Tour: the bathroom
My Home Tour: the bathroom
My Home Tour: the bathroom
My Home Tour: the bathroom
bathroom
My Home Tour: the bathroom

Shower curtain - Urban Outfitters
Bath mat - Anthropologie
Moby Dick print - Urban Outfitters
Clothes hanger - IKEA
Whale glass - Anthropologie

Well, that concludes my home tour. I hope you enjoyed seeing my space. Back to regular programming come Monday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment