Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spring recipe: cucumber melon smoothie

Cucumber melon smoothie recipe


If you follow me on instagram, you are likely aware already of my smoothie obsession. When warm weather comes, I blend up fruit and veg as often as twice a day. I shared my recipe for a strawberry rhubarb smoothie here, and today, I have another offbeat flavor combination to share with you . . . cucumber melon. 

Now, if you're saying to yourself, isn't that a Bath and Bodyworks scent, well, yes it is. But that doesn't mean it's not also delicious in smoothie form.

I have a rule when it comes to flavor combinations. It's called The Rule of Green. The Rule of Green states that anything green will taste great when paired with something else that's also green, and it never fails. Green tea and mint? Yum! Lime and basil? Absolutely! Avocado dill? Why the heck not?!

I'm not sure if The Rule of Green plays to our psychological ideas about food or if there's just a hint of "green flavor" that runs through everything green. All I know is that it works. And I'm here to spread the good word of green.

Ingredients:
About 1/2 cup to 1 cup water
1/3 of a large cucumber, washed but not pealed
8 oz. honeydew melon, cubed and frozen (I like to buy it cut up in a plastic container, and I just pop the container in the freezer when I get it home.)

Step 01. Starting with just 1/2 cup of water, put all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smoothi.
Step 02. Add more water if needed or desired.


Cucumber melon smoothie recipe


Just for fun: an Instagram smoothie roundup . . .

Strawberry banana smoothie with a touch of buttermilk made in my new (to me) Kitchenaid blender. Yum! :) Malted strawberry banana smoothie
At the laundromat with my Jimmy Carter smoothie #lunch #photoadayapril Another green smoothie - kale, apple, pineapple, banana
Strawberry mint smoothies from earlier this week Freezing fruit for smoothies #bananas #watermelon
@emmaredvelvet Day 2 of green smoothie challenge and day 10 of April Photo a Day: kale, frozen cherries, a bit of milk, and a rich of cocoa and honey #photoadayapril #cold @emmaredvelvet Day 5 of green smoothie challenge: kale, fresh pineapple, frozen banana, frozen peaches, water
@emmaredvelvet Day 4 of green smoothie challeng: kale, fresh banana, frozen strawberries, but of water, touch of honey @emmaredvelvet First day of green smoothie challenge: kale, frozen peaches, fresh green grapes, and a bit of water
Making a kale, watermelon, and strawberry smoothie @emmaredvelvet Day 3 of green smoothie challenge: frozen banana, lemon, yogurt, kale, honey


Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment