Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What I wore today 09/29/2011 (Downton Abbey hair)

IMG_1674

You may remember I mentioned my Downton abbey obsession recently. Well, today it wanted to express itself through my hairstyle. I went with this look, which is kind of a combination of a few of the looks I see on the show: the way Mary's hair is always tucked up and the headbands Sybil and Lavinia have worn.

url-8
Photo credit: mrspress.blogspot.com

tumblr_lrfrh395iG1qgv07r
Photo credit: tumblr.com/tagged/downton-abbey

article-2034758-0DBBA19900000578-745_634x475
Photo credit: dailymail.co.uk

What do you think? Did I manage to capture the spirit in a modern way?

Since the hair is a little formal today, I wanted to wear a simple outfit. I've always loved pink and gray together; even when I was a little girl, and I had a board game that had a gray piece and a pink piece, I remember always holding them together and thinking it looked so nice.

IMG_1559
IMG_1607
IMG_1570
IMG_1616
IMG_1625
IMG_1611


Heather gray blazer - The Limited
Pink cotton top - Target?
Straight-leg jeans - Gap
Brogue-inspired pumps - NVISION (local vintage shop) also worn here

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. What a cute do! My hair is much too short though.... I'm from Dayton. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete