Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal wedding

This was me at 5 a.m. this morning...


That's right. I was up watching the royal wedding. I was so excited! And though some said Kate's choice of dress (Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen) was too old fashion, I loved it. Lace is my favorite feature for a wedding dress, so I really loved the sleeves, and the box-pleated skirt was exquisite as well. Of course Kate would look lovely in anything, but I was particularly pleased with her choice.

I was also pleased with Pippa's white bridesmaid dress which was a slinky bias-cut gown with a cowl neckline and cute little cap sleeves.




I was, of course, also excited about the hats (many of them by Philip Treacy). Victoria Beckham's was one of my favorites. Can you believe she's rocking those heels as preggo as she is? Also, how amazing does Becks look in that morning suit?


Another favorite hat was the whimsical bow hat that Princess Bea wore. I heard commentators call it ridiculous and my own mother called it cartoonish, but for me it was fun, funky, and celebratory. You go, Bea!


My mom and I are considering wearing hats for my brother's wedding next weekend. It's almost Kentucky Derby time so it shouldn't be too hard to find some cute ones.

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment: