Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, August 6, 2010

Tying silk scarfs

Like any fashion lover in Paris, I was recently reminded of my love of silk scarves, and impressed by the many smart ways Parisian woman have of tying them. After buying a couple for myself (as well as gifts for my and Ryan's moms, who both looked after our cat while we were in Europe), I found this great scarf-tying guide. It's got more options and better instructions than any others I've been able to find.

Some of my favorite ways are...

The bow tie:
The men's tie:
The French twist:
The casual:

I got an early start on my silk scarf wearing while still in Paris...

Here I am with a scarf tied in the "casual"...
...and here with a tie of my own invention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment